Last Updated on
The role of carbohydrates in nutrition, products containing this type of carbohydrates and a diet with a limited number of them – we will talk about all this today. Let’s get started.
What are these organic substances?
As everyone knows, carbohydrates are divided into two groups: fast (in our case easily digestible) and slow. Each of them differs in structure, nutritional value and rate of assimilation by the body. Each food product, be it a potato or a piece of meat, consists of all kinds of substances that are very necessary for the human body to ensure normal life activityand all organs and systems. Carbohydrates are the most important nutrient that is found in sugar and various plant foods.
As already mentioned, these substances provide our body with the necessary energy. For each person there is a norm of carbohydrates, which depends on the activity of a person and the consumption of energy reserves. Those carbohydrates that have not been consumed throughout the day are converted into fat cells, disrupting the internal organs and increasing the level of “bad” cholesterol in the blood.
The main types of easily digestible carbohydrates:
- Glucose (dextrose)– the most widespread and all known representative of carbohydrates, participating, practically, in all metabolic processes. Thanks to glucose our body is provided with the necessary energy. In order for dextrose to enter the body from blood cells, insulin is needed – a substance that in certain quantities is produced by our body. Deficiency of this organic substance can cause irritabilityь, increased fatigue, reduced performanceand, dizziness, nausea, and sometimes fainting. Glucose can be obtained from fruits and certain types of vegetables.
- Fructose – partially converted by the liver into glucose. You can meet her in cherries, melon, apples, currants, and also various kinds of honey.
- Galactose – when interacting with glucose, it forms a disaccharide. You can get galactose from fermented milk products, such as milk, cheeses, cottage cheese, kefir and others.
- Lactose – a unique carbohydrate of its own, having an animal origin, which makes this milk sugar an incredibly valuable component of everyone’s diet. You can get lactose from milk.
- Sucrose – is found in various types of sugar: beet, cane and brown sometimes this substance can be found in ripe fruits and vegetables, but its amount will not be large (less than 10%).
- Maltose – sugar, of natural origin, formed in the process of malt formation and fermentation of grapes. This organic compound is found in beer products, muesli and citrus fruits.
Easily assimilated carbohydrates are almost of no value to our body, and even to some extent dangerous.
Excessive consumption of carbohydrates contained in foods can adversely affect the health status сalf muscles:
- Hormonal failures.
Harmfully affects the work of the pancreas and adrenal glands. Foods containing fast carbohydrates, provoke an energy jump, followed by fatigue and wear of the endocrine system.
- Change in intestinal microflora.
Each person in the digestive system maintains a balance between beneficial microorganisms and fungal. When the second begin to suppress the first, it can lead to a decrease in immunity and the occurrence of fungal diseases.
- Empty calories.
These organic substances almost do not make up the reserves of useful elements in the body and contain a huge amount of empty calories that are transformed into fat cells.
- Races of insulin.
Due to the fact that this type of carbohydrates consists mainly of various sugars, this leads to an instant release of such a hormone as insulin. The surplus of this substance helps to slow down the process of fission of fats, moreover, it “helps” them to form. This hormone causes in the human body such a feeling, a bit like euphoria, but after a few hours it passes and there comes an insulin starvation – the body begins to “ask” to replenish stocks with foods that contain fast carbohydrates.
List of products that include fast carbohydrates
Some foods that are present daily in our diet contain easily digestible carbohydrates and are dangerous to health. The glycemic index (GI) of such products exceeds the level of 60 units, and their number is so large that it is very difficult to manage the restriction here.
For those who do not know, the glycemic index is a speed of digestion of carbohydrates by our body in its own way.
The table below will help you quickly determine which foods are among those that pose a threat to the human body. Qualifiede nutritionists strongly recommend to minimize such food.
|List of products||GI||List of products||GI|
|Beer||115||Wheat flour, past qualitative cleaning||85|
|Dates||103||Puree from potatoes||83|
|Bread for toasts||102||Cracker||80|
|Swede||99||Muesli with nuts and raisins||78|
|Bakery products from dough||95||Donut with sugar powder or glaze||76|
|Potatoes in baked form||95||Pumpkin pulp in boiled, baked form||75|
|Potatoes in fried form||95||Watermelon||75|
|Potato casserole||95||French baguette||75|
|Noodles cooked from rice||95||Casserole with noodles and minced meat||75|
|Apricot jam||91||Caviar cooked from courgettes||75|
|Wheat bread||90||Wheat Groats||71|
|Long grain rice||90||Chocolate bars without filler||70|
|Rough-grain rice||90||Milk chocolate||70|
|Potatoes of fast preparation||90||Carbonated water with flavors and food additives||70|
|All varieties of honey (floral, lime, buckwheat, etc.)||90||Croissants||70|
|Carrots in boiled form||85||Pasta made from soft wheat varieties||70|
|Buns for hamburgers||85||Pearl barley||70|
|Cornflakes||85||Chips from potatoes||70|
|Popcorn (popcorn) without any additives||85||Vegetable pilaf||70|
|Milk rice porridge||85||White sugar||70|
|Cookies made from rice flour||85||Groats couscous||70|
|Instant rice||83||Biscuit without adding any stuffing||70|
|Celery root||83||Amaranth air||70|
The above products contribute to an accelerated influx of energy, but at the same time I will increase the amount of adipose tissue.
Limit fast carbohydrates with diet
The diet, which is aimed at limiting easily digestible carbohydrates, helps to restore and maintain the full operation of all human systems and organs. In addition, this diet helps to get rid of excess weight. This nutrition system stimulates the body to produce energy derived from amino acids and a low degree of fat oxidation. Reduction of fast carbohydrates helps to bring your forms in full order in a fairly short period of time.
Basic principles of the diet:
- The diet is based on eating foods that are rich in proteins and fats. For example, chicken eggs, meat products (meat, homemade chops, meatballs, etc.), fish products, nuts, seeds, fermented milk products and whole milk.
- In order to support the production of insulin in the normal regime, daily it is necessary to consume carbohydrates, the amount of which is approximately one gram per kilogram of body weight.
- We minimize all foods that are rich in easily assimilated carbohydrates. In this you will help the table above, in which you can find the ratio of food and their GI.
- Food should be divided into 5-7 receptions, so that the break between them was no more than 4 hours, as this can provoke protein deficiency, which is not very good for the process of losing weight.
- We eat in small portions, so that you have such a feeling, as if you did not eat a little.
- Diet, as a rule, should be based on boiled, steam and baked food. Therefore, it is better to refuse fried, smoked, marinated food. Vegetables should be eaten raw, whereas meat (low-fat varieties) and fish should be cooked for a couple or bake.
- Physical activity is very important. So choose the sport that is closer to you and do it for health. Ideally, there should be at least three workouts per week, lengthywhich is from half an hour to an hour.
After a month of such nutrition, you can normalize all metabolic processes in the body, as well as get rid of pesky kilograms on the body. In addition, this dietary nutrition system will help to establish the production of insulin.
Take care of yourself and be well!